Sunday, November 25, 2007

Getting back in the swing of things

I hope everyone had a Happy Turkey Day -- I sure did enjoying the sunny days of Arizona. But sadly we must jump back into the final weeks of classes and push through till Christmas.

So the moral of the story is...I'm keeping this one short.

I just read an interesting article about Sen. Clinton's relationship with the media mogul Rupert Murdoch. I guess I never thought that they even had a relationship. But I suppose these things make sense due to the fact that she is the Senator of the state that he primarily employees.

According to the New York Times Clinton was questioned about how she felt about media outlets being owned by one person or company -- primarily what she thought about Murdoch. Of course -- Clinton danced around it.

Again I think this is part of that reality of politics. In order to be powerful you need money. I wish it wasn't like this just as much as the next Ithaca student...but it's not reality.

So I guess that's all I have to say.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/25/in-iowa-clinton-is-pressed-on-murdoch/index.html?hp

No comments: