Friday, November 2, 2007

Get ready kids....

I'm about to criticize Hillary Clinton.

I know -- take a second to digest all of this -- I know it's a big day for you all but please try to not scream and disrupt anyone around you.

I've gotta tell you, I didn't get a chance to see the debate in Philadelphia on Tuesday night because I was too busy spending hours trying to save Ithaca College at the Student Government meeting (you sophomores have no idea what I go through for you!)

So I only am getting this from second hand media coverage that I always tend to be a little wary of quite frankly. But as I was getting ready for class yesterday morning I was watching the Today Show (my guilty pleasure) and they were discussing Clinton's beating she took at the debate from pretty much everyone. Automatically I went into operation defend Hillary but then the more I thought about it I smiled and thought, "Hell ya they're attacking her, she's the front runner." And, "maybe this is what she needs to show the world how tuff and smart she is."

But instead she comes back with a lame video about the "pile-on politics" on her opponents?!? Hillary please! You're not helping me with this crap! Instead of standing up and taking it like the strong woman she is, she basically tried to stretch the debating into an attack on her gender. I've got to say that this is not helping her case. Why point out that she is different, everybody already knows it. As The New York Times points out this tactic only shows her ability to dodge questions. I've never been one to hide the fact that I understand Clinton's politics, secrecy.

But normally these things work for her, she's able to ride bellow the radar and let the other candidates fall apart around her as her machine rolls by. And to be honest I think that is what I've always loved about her...and what so many hate. But this new tactic of asking why me makes me shake my head. Maybe we need that old Hillary to throw on her headband, you know the one -- the First Lady that marched up the steps of highly powerful Republican Capitol Hill and fought for health care. The one that wore a pantsuit in her official White House portrait -- the first of the First Ladies. But instead she seems to be pulling back when right now the nation needs to see her push forward.

Clearly...I'm very upset about all of this...hold me.

No comments: