Monday, December 3, 2007

Why does everyone hate Hillary?

So now it's come to the point where people are strapping pretend bombs to themselves and walking into Hillary headquarters.

Last Friday a man identified as Leeland Eisenberg walked into the Rochester, New Hampshire office of Hillary Clinton's presidential headquarters and took three people hostage.

Thankfully the day ended peacefully and without any injuries. Eisenberg apparently only had road-side flares attached to his chest.

As someone who might possibly be working in her Albany regional office next summer this event startled me a bit. In her Senate office in Albany I had to go through multiple levels of security before I was allowed upstairs to the offices. Perhaps her presidential campaign headquarters are not as secure.

Just something that has been sitting on my mind for a few days. I'm glad that every one is safe and that Hillary handled the situation correctly by canceling all events for that day. It's the least she can do I suppose. I mean I like her and all...but I don't think I'd take a bomb for her if it came down to it.

No comments: